Saturday, December 30, 2006

just before the new year comes...

just before the new year begins, we decided to have our last dine and wine to celebrate this remarkable year of knowing such a fantastic group of friends. :)

this time we had our dinner at unique seafood to avoid the new year dinner crowd. and also avoid paying for overpriced new year set dinner. kekeke... thanks LB for being considerate when choosing the venue. :)


We go International this time. Wines from all over the countries with seafood dinner. LA brought us a very special Espanyol wine. Look at the bottle and you will agree with me. Don't ask me what wine is this. LA told me but I can't recall after night long of alcohol. I can only remember the vintage ~ 1994 and something 'reserve'. :p sorry LA... i know you already put in your effort in educating me, it's all my fault.. :'(







dude, please help yourself by reading the label. :p


When we were half way through this Spanish red, LB can't wait any longer and opened white. He told me a country which I have never heard producing wine but I couldn't recall now. So sorry but I promised I will check with him and update you later.



And our food is served.



this steamboat is my all-time favourite. can eat as 'shabu-shabu' or just plain with vege

roasted goose (front) and deep fried octopus

and we also have Cheese-baked Japanese snails, Crab cook with Salted Egg, prawns and noodles. Food is good and wines are better. We had about 6 bottles for 8 of us. Just nice and everybody is sober to go home or continue with the next Friday night party. :p

For those red wine lovers, you can try TRIO Merlot. Smooth, medium-bodied and it's cheap! And I love the Waipara Hills' Sauvignon Blanc, the passion fruit nose. It's fruity, a little sweet but I like it. Light and nice to serve it real chilled. Drink with your loved one with some love songs playing on a cosy sofa.. wow... i dunno where you will end up to but i can guarantee you this is a good wine to go with. :p

check out more photos at the album :)

No comments: