Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Gong Xi Fat Cai

Gong Xi Gong Xi to all my dear friends. For those who are married, please wait for me as I am coming to collect Ang Pow from you. For those who are not married, please call me so that we can all go collect Ang Pow together. kekeke...


so difficult to have all of us together

I used to collect lotsa Ang Pow from relatives and dad's friends and even dad's customers who frequent our restaurant. Relatives still give but most of dad's friends and customers don't give me anymore. WHY WHY WHY??? It's simple!! They thought I am married!! Sigh Sigh..

New year now is not like those days. We used to have firecrackers, lion dances, red lantern and those red CNY decorations everywhere. After the reunion dinner, all kids gathered to play cards and firecrackers till midnight. I remembered those days. Although I sleep late on the new year eve, I can still wake up so early and dress up to welcome relatives to our house. I always carry a small bag to keep all my Ang Pow. Once uncles and aunties leave, I will open up the Ang Pow and peep how much they give. kekeee... If you ask about my feeling now, I will just say "damage control". kakakaa.... Try to reduce the gap of the inflow and outflow. :D

Leave aside the Ang Pow issue. CNY is always a gathering time for old school mates. We gather and play mahjong together, we drink together, we update each other, we chat till dawn.... and we all go watch movie at the one and only cineplex in Muar once a year. The auntie at the ticket booth can't understand English so we have to translate the movie title and describe the movie in Hokkien to her whenever we call to enquire on the show time.

It goes like :

B : "auntie auntie, the movie hor... ther... the one la... got the green green colour man one ah.... got show ah?" (in hokkien ok!!)

auntie : "wu wu... 7 diam, 9 diam pun wu..." (got got.. 7 o'clock... 9 o'clock also got..)

So you know which movie I am refering to?? hehe... it's Incredible Hulk.

CNY is also an eating season. Everyday every moment I am eating. Normally I put on 2-3 kgs during new year. sigh sigh... that's really bad!!

It's already the 4th day of CNY. So fast, another CNY. I wish all my dear friends a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous in this year of Boar and may all your wish comes true. :)

No comments: