Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Children Sponsorship Program

i was walking along santa monica 3rd street while this gal came up to me with friendly smile. i knew it's about some donation programme. i dont know why but i stopped to listen to her. it's an international children sponsorship program that she was trying to "sell" to me.


i have always been wanting to do this but as usual, never take initiative to look for the programme. since someone approached me, i was like "why not?" Or may be i was feeling lonely those few days in the States and didn't want others to feel left out and lonely like i was. whatever the actual reason is, I SPONSORED A KID!

i never choose any specific gender, no specific country, i let the programme choose for me. she told me that the child's profile will reach me in 10 days. i will get the kid's information when i am back in Malaysia. i am so excited!

came back for a week now and finally i received the letter from Children International. else, i will think that i have been conned! :p

My child's name is Leobanny Tineo Arias and lives in Dominican Republic. Frankly speaking, I dunno where exactly is the place! So sorry to all my geography teacher back in school. I scored high marks but i memorised it just for the exam. The exams are all over now so my brain deleted those unused info automatically! :p Anyway, Leobanny is 11 years old and he is already 5'1" tall and weigh only 78 lbs. gosh... i wish i could share a little of my fats with him. He loves to dance and he speaks only Spanish. So before i saved enough money to visit him, i should also saved some money to pick up Spanish too. :p i know i know, there will be translator but it will be so different if i could communicate using the same language, wont it.

sorry, i need to google bout the Dominican Republic now before i could think / dream whether i can afford to visit my boy. :)

It's affordable to sponsor a child. Visit http://www.children.org/ if you need more info on how to sponsor a child. :)

No comments: